Coaches Meetings Are Given Daily
- Wrestling philosophy and psychological preparation of athletes
- Strength training and conditioning
- How to run a practice
- Technique/Strength/Time Management Handout
These strategies will give you an edge in developing a winning program.
Simulated Practice Session
- Several high school demonstrators will give a simulation of a Granby Style practice. This will give you a better idea of what an actual Granby practice should look like.
Advanced Technique Session
- This session will be held for more experienced and advanced wrestlers/coaches.
Standing Granby Competition
- The camper with the best height and technique will be crowned the Standing Granby Champion and win a T-shirt.
- Wrestlers are divided into 3 groups that rotate 3 times daily to new mat areas, learning top, bottom, takedowns, defense, and specialty holds.
Repetition and Review
- Every time a group rotates they are given a 15 minute review of the major situations that were drilled in the last mat area. Constant repetition 3 times a day in our 3 mat areas is a Granby trademark. This is the only way you can effectively learn holds at a clinic. You will leave our camp with holds that hae been mastered.
- Participants are encouraged to engage in live wrestling after each session with other campers from across the US. This is also an excellent opportunity for you to grapple with our college counselors and to receive some extra pointers from them.
- 7:00 wake up
- 8:00 breakfast
- 9:15 – 11:15 technique
- 11:15 – 12:15 live wrestling
- 12:00 – 1:00 lunch
- 1:00 – 2:15 coaches meeting
- 2:30 – 4:30 technique
- 5:00 – 6:00 dinner
- 7:00 – 9:00 technique
- 10:00 in rooms
- 10:20 lights out